Thursday, August 16, 2012

This is Risha, who is available for adoption.

 

I began fostering rat terriers for a national non profit rescue group, New  Rattitude, in late 2010.  Since then eight ratties have shared my home and moved on to their permanent adopting homes, each taking a piece of my heart when they left.  Knowing that I have been an essential link between their trauma-filled life in a shelter and a loving home makes the goodbyes easier, although never easy.

Risha, on the left, gets along very well with the house dogs.
Risha came to my home as a foster the first time in January this year.  She had been rescued from a shelter in Van Nuys, California and arrived in Washington State suffering from dental disease and kennel cough.  After undergoing dental cleaning and spay surgery she was quickly adopted by a kind and caring retired lady who looked forward to giving Risha the pampered life she had provided for her previous pets.  This adoption had no fairy tale ending, tho, because the lady herself subsequently underwent some very serious medical procedures which eventually caused  her to return Risha to New Rattitude.

So, once again, little Risha's world has been turned upside down and she is wondering, what will happen to me next?

What I hope will happen next, Risha, is that you will find the home you (and every other dog) deserve.  I am starting this blog, the first ever for me, to help you get there.
 



More tomorrow.





No comments:

Post a Comment